SuperMonkey Recording & Pat DiCesare Productions Present: PennRock Scholarship 2015
This event is going to be special. I’m hoping Lyndsey Smith & Soul Distribution can pull it off. But the 412/724 is a garage band loving town. Anyway check the details below & go support these guys! Tell them BMW sent you!
PennRock Scholarship is an annual showcase to promote and build talent for musicians, by musicians. This is not a “battle of the bands” but a showcasing of the best talent and open nationally hosted in Pittsburgh, Pa. Industry panel of judges will pick a winner based on the following categories: songwriting, musicianship, live performance, crowd reaction, promotional efforts, and ticket sales.
TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE! JUST CLICK THE LINK!
1. Aug 8th @ Thunderbird Café, Pittsburgh, PA ROUND 1 TICKETS -> www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2080938
2. Aug 14th @ Smiling Moose, Pittsburgh, PA ROUND 2 TICKETS -> www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2080942
3. Aug 22nd @ Hard Rock Café – Pittsburgh, PA ROUND 3 TICKETS -> www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2100512
4. Aug 29th Finals @ Hard Rock Café – Pittsburgh, PA FINALS ROUND TICKETS -> www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2100517
“Winner Takes All” PennRock Scholarship includes:
· Record Agreement for up to a 4 song EP Produced by SuperMonkey Recording Co., LLC showcasing the best of what you or your act has to offer as an artist. SuperMonkey Recording Co., LLC will provide
1000 CD’s or 200 Vinyl from Discmakers.com
· Digital Distribution on Spotify, Pandora, iTunes Radio, Rockstars Unglued, Rhaposdy, Tradebit, Amazon MP3, 7digital, 24-7, Simfy, iHeartradio, Rumblefish, Rdio, Muve Music, Bloom.fm, Shazam, Nokia, GreatIndieMusic, Last.fm, Google Music Store, MediaNet, Myspace Music, Samsung Music Hub, Beyond Oblivion, Yandex. All proceeds from sales, licensing, and distribution will be split 50/50 between the winning act and SuperMonkey Recording Co., LLC.
· 16 hours of studio time a Soundscape Studios engineered by Doug Kasper
· CD Mastering by 4x Grammy winner Jay Dult at Audible Images
· Feature write up with PA Music News
· Photo shoot with Coda Photography and Rich Follini
· Prize pack of Dean Markley Guitar Strings
· Sweetwater Sound gift cards: $500 1st place, $250 per runner up (x2)
· Full Page Ad and Feature write up in Nightwire Magazine
· 2 Opening Act showcasing opportunities in 2015/16 with Drusky Entertainment
· 2 Opening Act showcasing opportunities in 2015/16 with Grey Area Productions
· 2 Showcasing Opportunities in 2015/16 at Empire Music & Concert Club Akron, OH
· 2 Showcasing Opportunities in 2015/16 at Legendary Dobbs Philadelphia, PA
· 2 Showcasing Opportunities in 2015/16 at Hard Rock Café Pittsburgh, PA
· 12 cases of Straub Beer – one per month
· 12 bottles of Fireball Whiskey – one per month
Contest Rules are as follows:
· Must submit by July 30th, 2015 for consideration: Name of act, any audio, video, social media links, website info available (put your best foot forward!) to email@example.com
· Each act will be given 20 minutes to perform 3 original songs, and one original interpretation of a Beatles song in celebration of the 51st anniversary of The Beatles live performance in Pittsburgh in 1964.
· All entrants must be at least 21 years of age and able to perform on any of the scheduled dates.
· Original compositions must be exclusive rights to artist written by the artist performing them.
· By submitting your acts name to this contest, you are agreeing that you have read and understand the rules and prize package. The prize package is non-negotiable and all inclusive.
This is an opportunity for an artist or band to get some help taking their musical career to the next level. If you think you have a hit song, we want to hear it and want to award you the 2nd Annual PennRock Scholarship!